Welcome to Laikipia County
Laikipia County is located on the Equator in the Rift Valley province of Kenya, on the north-west of the snow-capped Mt Kenya. The county which covers an area of 9,500km2, has two major urban centres, Nanyuki to the southeast and Nyahururu to the southwest. It borders Samburu County to the North, Isiolo County to the North East, Meru and Nyeri Counties to the South, Nyandarua County to the Southwest andBaringo County to the West.
The county has both semi-arid and high potential land, being on the leeward side of Mt. Kenya. It has extensive private ranches and fine hotels and lodges. In parts of Nyahururu and Nanyuki, large flower farms thrive on irrigation.
Laikipia County News
- Maize disease threaten food security in Laikipia, Nyandarua counties - The Standard Digital News
- Laikipia staffers strike over Sh131 million salary arrears - The Star
- Laikipia North MP Mathew Lempurkel kicked out of plane for being 'rogue ... - The Standard Digital News
- Laikipia Cave-in Critically Injures 3 Builders - The Star
- CID Director Addresses Insecurity In Laikipia - Citizen News
- Laikipia leaders ask locals to oppose vote - The Star
- Chinese investors visit Laikipia, express interest in clean energy, tourism - The Standard Digital News
- Laikipia sniffer dogs to track down cattle rustlers, criminals - The Star
- Laikipia Leaders: CORD Wants To Destabilize Gov't - Citizen News
- Tree-planting project for Laikipia residents - The Star
Laikipia County Forum
An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.